Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bathos

ba·thos (bths, -thôs) n. 1. a. An abrupt, unintended transition in style from the exalted to the commonplace, producing a ludicrous effect. b. An anticlimax.

Thats all I really promise in regards to current thoughts on economic developments and trading. Being only second best in trading - but being second best in just about any asset class you likely have ever thought of and trading and managing risk in size over the years - there is little I have not experienced, usually painfully.

I am hoping this will be a public service to some folks - a report from the front trench at the Battle of the Somme - who have more classical training to figure out what it all means. This will also be of some therapy so I can rant, sweat, be terrfied, and babble; then I will turn to my workplace and maintain the right corporate face.

My professed hero is everyone's hero, whether they know it or not, Ulysseus but secretly I identify with Elpinor.

No comments:

Post a Comment